Thank you to all the franchisees who participated in Neighborly® events at Reunion this year! Our team had a fantastic time answering questions and learning about your experiences in the field. In this eNews edition, we’d like to share The Neighborly® Project highlight reel, along with the top five most popular questions (and answers) from franchisees.
Host The Neighborly Project in Your Local Market
As a grassroots effort, The Neighborly Project was a great way to show our franchisees in action making a difference in someone’s life. Nine owners from seven concepts donated their time to provide over $20,000 in home improvements to a deserving veteran in Jacksonville, Florida. On top of that, the campaign reached more than 23,000 people through local social media efforts, and thousands more through news outlet placements.
Here’s what you may not know… the Neighborly team created a resource for you to plan and execute your own campaign in your local market. We’re providing a handbook that includes project milestones, marketing and public relations tips, and templates for reaching out to your local community. If you’re interested in hosting The Neighborly Project with other Neighborly franchisees in your market in 2019, contact us at Neighborly@nbly.com.
Click the image or copy/paste this URL into a web browser: https://youtu.be/HHgxnuihf9c
Franchisees Want to Know: Top Five Neighborly Discussion Topics at Reunion
We listened to your questions and gathered the top five frequently mentioned topics. From reaching out to other franchisees to making cross-brand referrals with your customers, follow these steps for a true Neighborly experience.
- Get other local owners’ email addresses and phone numbers using the Find-a-Neighbor tool.
- Use your FranConnect single sign-on to access the Find-a-Neighbor map.
- Search for your business zip code.
- Review the map with nearby Neighborly concepts listed. Zoom in or out to get fewer or more nearby locations.
- Click “export” at the top right of your screen to automatically create a spreadsheet with other franchisees’ names, DBAs, and contact info.
- Use our Neighborly meetings email template to reach out to other franchisees.
- Once you know who the other Neighborly franchise owners are, reach out to schedule a meeting.
- Pick a central meeting place – a restaurant might work well as a casual but focused setting.
- Use this email template to get started with Neighborly meetings.
- Customize the Neighborly Services Sheet to help promote services with your customers.
- Work with other franchisees to tailor the sheet for your local area.
- Familiarize yourself with the services other Neighborly brands provide.
- Help your technicians become more familiar with the services, too.
- Click here for a sample of the Neighborly Services Sheet.
- Use the Neighborly Referral Card on the Ad Depot portal.
- Visit the Ad Depot portal using your FranConnect single sign-on
- Search for “Neighborly Referral Card”
- Select your brand logo in the assets box to customize
- Preview proofs and request prints
- Train your technicians to use the card for referrals on-site
- Click here for a sample of the Referral Card.
- Use co-branded magnets for leave-behinds and tradeshows.
- Magnets have longevity and are one of the most proven marketing tactics.
- Combine resources with other concepts to purchase co-branded magnets on the Ad Depot portal. Be sure to speak with your Local Marketing Specialist for artwork first.
- Click here for more info.
Congratulations to “How Neighborly Are You?” Reunion marketing booth contest winners!
Mosquito Joe of Oklahoma City, OK
Aire Serv of Summerville, SC
Mr. Appliance of Stevensville, MI
Mr. Electric of Frisco, TX
The Neighborly team is intensely focused on supporting franchisees in reaching more customers. Feel free to send any questions to Neighborly@nbly.com.